Site map © Soft Byte Ltd 2012 Photos & screen shots are for illustrative purposes and may differ slightly from actual product.
Troubleshooting downloading with Passap E8000 Links
Preparing the E8000 console
Here is an example sequence of key presses on the E8000 console. The Ent key always refers to the larger Ent key.
Power on, press ProgS, 1, Ent, 3. At this point it should then display ROM.
Enter the Passap E8000 technique number, for example 529 for 2-colour Jacquard, 460 for slip, or 350 to tuck. In order to get the cursor to the correct area on the console screen, it may be necessary to use the double headed arrow.
Press Ent and then 4. At this point it should then display PC.
Enter a pattern number starting at 5000, for example 5001. Again, in order to get the cursor to the right place, it may be necessary to use the double headed arrow.
Press Ent. It should then display
ON THE PC, SELECT KNIT A PATTERN
Then click ok on the downloading window in DesignaKnit.
Error 4142 while downloading
If the download stops and the E8000 console reports 4142 it means that there was not enough available memory in the console to receive the pattern being downloaded. Patterns may be deleted individually from the console memory (see the E8000 manual), or the memory can be cleared (see below).
Showing the available memory
The amount of available memory can be shown as follows. Power up the console while holding down the 6 key and the key with the curved arrow (to the immediate left of the 4 key). This brings up a menu at which you choose “4 DiskInfo”, and then at the next menu “2 Mod”. The free space is then shown. After clearing the memory, the free space is 327680.
Clearing the memory
1. Power up the console while holding down the 6 key and the key with the curved arrow (which is to the immediate left of the 4 key).
2. This brings up a menu at which you choose “1 Load”.
3. At this menu, press the 6 and curved arrow together. A new menu should appear. If it doesn’t appear, repeat pressing those keys together briefly until it does appear.
4. At this new menu select “4 Format” by pressing the 4 key.
5. Select “2 Mod” by pressing the 2 key.
6. Select “1 Yes”.
7. The format takes just a few seconds. The free space should then be reported as 327680.
8. Press the large Ent key, then the minus key twice.
9. Power off, wait a few seconds, and power on.
10. After a memory format, the console asks some configuration questions. Press the large Enter key for both.
Testing that a download worked
On the E8000 console, keep pressing the large Ent key until it does nothing. Press KnitS, 1, and the large Ent key again. If the last download failed for any reason, an error message will appear.
To return to Cable Specific Points, click here.
Cable Link Manuals
The latest versions of the DesignaKnit cable link manuals are available here.
Using any Link - do not coil up
Any excess length of cable should not be tightly coiled but should be arranged loosely away from other cables, in order to avoid electromagnetic effects.